Smart Grid Technical Project Manager
Job location: Minnesota
Trissential, an Expleo Company, continues to be a trusted partner, delivering end-to-end quality solutions with first-class expertise and best practices. United globally, we offer Integrated Engineering into our Management Consulting and Quality Assurance services portfolio. We help our clients attain sustainable advantage over competitors and gain world-class performance with a unique combination of our strategic capabilities
We are seeking an Expert Technical Project Manager to lead the technical components and coordinate technical work within a team of vendor, internal IT and Business resources in the on-time, on-budget delivery of a multi-million dollar project for the electric distribution line of business. Project scope consists of working with business and IT resources to implement an Advanced Distribution Management System (ADMS). This project is a component of the broader Advanced Grid Intelligence & Security (AGIS) Initiative that is being implemented.
- Leads design workshops, assessments, and planning sessions. Reviews and approves technical designs.
- Collaborates with technical resources to accomplish hardware installation, environment setup, production certification, software deployment, integration development, testing, deployment, data management, and vendor technical activities.
- Serves as technical liaison to other teams involved in project
- Provides technical insights on business area specific technology. Assures there is traceability from requirements to design to as-built solution.
- Works closely with IT Security to ensure adherence to security standards
- Facilitates communications across teams / SMEs
- Performs issue identification and resolution
- Point of contact with leadership to represent technical status, issues /options for resolution, and risks/mitigations
- Ensures adherence to software lifecycle management processes for technical processes and artifacts.
- PMP certification.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in science or technology or related experience.
- Schneider Electric – Electric Grid Management System or similar
- SCADA systems experience in other industries such as Oil & Gas, Mining, Rail, Water Utility
- Experience with ongoing Release Management, Patch Management, Vendor Management, etc. for a large software package
- Strong verbal, written, coordination and presentation communication skills are required.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills, ability to dissect complex problems and processes and drive solutions and supporting documentation.
- Minimum three years of technical project management experience, with documented experience managing a custom software development project with a $5M project budget or greater.
- Proven experience with the custom software development lifecycle including managing non-functional requirements specification, design activities, prototype development, testing, and final deployment.
- Proven vendor management experience including aggressively driving vendor to meet date and budget commitments.
- Proven experience on a project with a large number of impacted users, (i.e., at least 200 users) and managing the associated change management.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in one of the following: IT/OT Experience within T&D Organizations: EMS, ADMS, GIS, OMS, NERC CIP, SCADA.
- Minimum 4 years of Consulting Experience.
- Minimum 3 years of Utilities and/or Transmission and Distribution Experience.
- Experience in operational technology and real-time systems.
- Minimum 15+ years of project leadership / solution architecture experience, including 5+ years’ experience leading large complex enterprise level experience projects and budgets.
- Experience within a formal PMO IT Software delivery environment.
- Must be adept at managing stakeholder expectations, scope, requirements, design, development, testing and deployment using a defined SDLC approach via both internal and external (Vendor) project team resources.