Standard Parts Qualification Engineer
Job location: Mobile
The Mechanical Engineering – Standard Parts Qualification Specialist position is responsible to perform analysis of qualification data and provide engineering support for the creation and updates and technical qualification to aircraft standard part specifications.
The Standard Parts Qualification Specialist will be responsible to:
- Perform technical qualification of aircraft standard parts according to the applicable Airbus procedures
- Analyze and update qualification data
- Coordinate with suppliers in all aspects of standard parts development and qualification
- Interface as needed with stress engineers, designers, suppliers and technical management personnel to assure qualification of product to industry and airworthiness standards (international travel may be required)
- Support establishing, developing, updating of Airbus standards
- Resolve technical problems by all possible means including conferring with specialists that would critically affect performance, cost, or schedule
- Represents the Company to current customers or suppliers on technical matters related to the assigned project or technical specialty
- Provide technical input to engineering project teams
- Provide input to engineering processes and suggest modifications regarding the design and development of aircraft cabins and components.
- Provide reporting to the necessary detail department and project engineering
- Technical Report Writing - preferably test plans and test reports approved by FAA and/or EASA authorities
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in aircraft certification or parts qualification, mechanical systems experience preferred.
- Experience in aircraft certification and qualification of standard parts (or TSO parts), certification testing, flammability testing or stress tests is preferred.
- Job requires good written and oral communication skills, and applicant should be skilled at the coordination of engineering projects among multiple departments in a multi-national company
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or other appropriate engineering discipline with relevant experience
- Experienced with DO-160 and EASA or FAA regulatory qualification processes related to Part 21 and Part 25 requirements.
- Possess excellent knowledge of aircraft materials, manufacturing process, environmental qualification and design application.
- Familiar with aircraft standard parts (fasteners, seals, inserts, etc.), associated industry qualification standards and test methodology, requirements and processes