Senior Automation Engineer-SDET
Job location: Milwaukee
Category: Information Technology
- In this Senior SDET role, you will support general activities such as but not limited to: providing oversight and participate in overall project/systems testing, code automated test cases and maintenance of existing test cases, conduct code reviews, peer reviews, setup and maintain test data, metrics reporting to overall platform leads and managers to ensure platform release changes are deployed into production with high quality and defect free.
- You will utilize test automation framework and toolkit to automate test cases.
- These tasks will be conducted throughout the software development lifecycle, including in-sprint phase for any given project to support the Shift Left concept. You will serve as a primary escalation point for testing support/troubleshooting for less experienced staff and the overall platform.
- You will work closely with application development leads/managers, QA leads/managers from other areas, and business groups to ensure successful collaboration.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field, or strong experience (6 years) developing software solutions and/or automation framework experience
- Expert level knowledge of Java, C#, or other Object-Oriented languages
- Proficiency with writing advanced queries
- Experience utilizing test automation tools (e.g. Selenium, Appium) and frameworks
- Wide-ranging understanding of design patterns (e.g. SOLID)
- Experience with common tools such as Atlassian Jira, Visual Studio, Azure DevOps, TFS
- Proficient at formulating test automation scripts / scenarios
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills
o Able to report clearly on progress (issues, blockers, execution status, etc.) with appropriate detail for audience
o Coordinates the information gathering and reporting process, conducting research to define problems and preparing responses to anticipated questions
o Accurately identifies project risks and reports effectively to relevant stakeholders. Manages issues, risks, actions, dependencies, and defects to the success of the project
o Openly discusses design concepts, conducts presentations, and can define new technology implementations and/or advanced development processes
o Presents on the latest solutions / improvements to client’s methods, tools, and processes
- Proactive / self-starter
- Proven ability to work within teams but also independently
- Proven ability to influence others and provide feedback